Monday, April 14, 2014

First Impression

My first impression of this story was good and interesting.
I loved how it was dated back to the 1950-60's because it demonstrates a good explanation about how life was all those years ago. I think that the setting is perfect for the story line and how they describe it quite well. I think that the characters are interesting and they match the settings of the book. They all have different personalities, but slightly similar, and I think that they make the story interesting. The main 3 brothers are quite different and they are all by themselves because their parents had passed away. Although, i think the most interesting character is Johnny. He has a rough life and had been through a lot. All of the greasers stick up for each other and protect every member.


Since we have only read the 1st and 2nd chapters, I don't think that I can predict much of the plot or ending, although, i predict that one or more of the greasers are going to get hurt/ injured badly since they get into many fights. I think that Darry is not going to be so hard on everyone, especially to Ponyboy, and I think that Soda might go back to school and marry Sandy.

The factors that indicate the time and setting of the story include the way the characters talk, the way that they dress, how easy it is to get into fights, the importance of going somewhere (such as the movies), and the way that the boys look. All of these examples indicate that the movie was set in the 1950-60's somewhere in America.


No comments:

Post a Comment